20110529

Chocolate Banana Cake

It's been a long time since I was struck by an idea that kept me up till 2am tossing in bed. This came on the same day as the chocolate lava cake but Im posting it only now cause I was waiting for pictures. So... as I was preparing for the lava cake, I thought what I would do with overcooked cakes. And decided to make a chocolate banana cake since I had bananas at home!

It's been so overdone by me though. Feels like I'm going bananas soon. Sold a few of the original banana chocolate cake recently! :D
















Ah, but what's different about this was the way I laid the bananas. This time, I sliced it and arranged that layer as below. For the one above, I just place whole bananas on top of the mousse.















Then I covered it up with mousse. The layers were cake, mousse, banana, mousse, cake and finally mousse all over.
















Then I poured some chocolate with butter on top to cover it. Followed by a white chocolate lattice which I made minutes before. Looks so pretty eh!















And I thought the layers would look decent! But guess I was wrong... Probably because I didn't use a ring to properly do up the layers. I simply just piled one on top of the other. Plus, the colours were too similar, lack of contrast!















Cheryl said it tasted good though, Im glad for that! But this was fun to do, because I tried new stuff in terms of cake decoration. And also the big lesson of the post: use a ring if you want a neat cake!


Finally, I would like to welcome a new addition to the extended family on may 25. Happy Birthday Caroline!

















Life can really be so miraculous. And so fragile. It's more than a passion for baking; it's a passion for life.

No comments: