20110609

Mango Mousse Cake - Limei's Birthday Cake

It's limei's birthday so I baked her a mango mousse cake! (Mango is the national fruit of phillipines, her 2nd hometown. :D) Happy Birthday Dance Goddess!


Here's the cake. Wasn't what I had in mind though, was planning on a striped mango mousse cake but in the end the stripes didn't work so I had to improvise with chocolate. Now it looks like a dog bowl. But hey, at least now I know how to make a cake that looks like a dog bowl!

The layers were really neat though! So pretty. I learnt my lesson from my banana chocolate cake and hence, big thanks to the cake ring. And I've been working quite a lot with gelatine recently, so now I'm quite confident using it. So glad, cause it does make beautiful cakes.

The cake tasted much better than i thought it would. So good! Definitely makes my A-list. Limei says, "it was the best mango cake ever... seriously heavenly mango goodness and the best sponge cake I have eaten. Priceless cakes on my birthday is enough to keep me happy every year :)"


These friends are priceless. I can't even describe how lucky I feel to be able to make you guys smile like that. I'll make cakes; we'll make memories. Love ya'll :)

1 comment:

LI MEI said...

I<3 YOU:)