20110625

Green tea swiss roll

Made a swiss roll to thank my aunt for becoming my surety for my scholarship. Pulled this together with an empty fridge and in a little over an hour! Added whipped cream and chocolate chips and rolled it up. But usually green tea go with red beans though. I think I've reached the stage where I can bake when I want to, without having to plan beforehand and just checking what's in the fridge. In other words, my confidence and versatility has upped level! :D


Ok so I finally signed the deed. That's 2 years of my life after graduation and 4 years of achieving expectations crafted in black and white. A minimum cap of 4.0/5.0 and submission of results every test/exam. For someone whose parents have never really bothered, I feel claustrophobic now. I lost part of my freedom through the flick of a pen, and truthfully, the fear is there.

But after the Tioman trip, a little like heaven on earth, I realised I don't want to be like anyone else. I want to try things that others may not get a chance to, I want to have taken risks, I want to be known to have failed and proven myself again. That way, on my deathbed, I would've lived the life I wanted to.

The safe path is a boring one. Gather up your courage and move along.

No comments: