20101225

Christmas Baking - Log Cakes

Merry Christmas!

This christmas was spent doing log cakes and even though it has been fun, I wish I had more time to do my other christmas cookies and other christmas goodies. I miss making cupcakes/muffins/brownies and all things else other than cakes!

But this year's log cakes showed a major jump in improvement and were pretty well-received at parties. I sold log cakes for the first time - a grand total of 4! Then I made another 4 to give away at parties and for the family.

This was for the family (I made 2, the other went to my aunt):



The log cakes that I sold:




The cakes that went to parties:


The hard work of 23/12/10:



The log cakes that are black, i.e. covered in ganache, are different from the normal buttercream ones. They're ice-cream log cakes! Which tastes pretty good, and could be better if the ice cream stayed in the cake and not get squeezed out when I roll it. I'll work on that, but I must say that after all this rolling, I'm really pretty good at rolling swiss rolls now! An achievement really...
Of course, I must say a big THANK YOU to my volleyball coach, Jerry, as well as Limei and Mingzhe for the orders. Thank you for having faith in my cakes and I'm eagerly waiting for feedback to further improve! Also, thank you to everyone who ate my cake and gave me their encouragement and opinion!
I'll end this year's christmas baking with an interesting picture that is obviously not taken by me. It's all about perspective isn't it? This year's christmas feels the same as last, except a little more real. I can't wait for 2011!

No comments: