20110205

End of Pineapple Tarts Sale 2011

This year's sales has finally ended! Given that this is already my third year, wow I'm really not getting any younger, I think my pineapple tarts has reached a certain consistency. Plus I've probably figured out why my tarts are so crumbly, or you could say "melt-in-your-mouth". Ah, but this is a trade secret and I'm not going to divulge it!

So as I continue to strive to find that perfect balance of sweet yet sour, buttery yet bearable, crumbly yet crusty, I feel that this year's tarts were well-received. It would be such a pity if I can't continue this next year. Though I accepted wayyyyy too much orders this year resulting is super late nights, the familiar breaking down stress and (gasp!) weight gain from the lack of exercise, I must say, it's been fun in a sadistic sort of way. I do love to over-exert myself, and lose myself in baking like an overly-enthusiastic maniac.

Oh and this year I tried to do the open flowery tarts. Took me a while to get used to the mould and to find the right thickness for the pastry but I eventully got it.



I sold 25 containers this year, and made many more to give away. Overall, I probably made more than a thousand tarts, grated and cooked 20 pineapples and carried pineapple tarts with me all over the island. It became so much a part of me that a container of pineapple tarts is officially the must-have accessory for this season's latest trend!



As always, a big thank you to all my friends, some of whom have supported me since 3 years back and have returned each year for more tarts:
shujian; fenghui; cheryl; limei; shinyi; juanjuan; chingsien; mingjie; lennie; olivia; perry; john; weemeng; candice; deborah; justine; my cousins.

And a very special thank you to my mother and xieshern for helping me with the pineapples. Thank you for making this a lot easier for me!

And to everyone who gave me emotional support, including my SPRING friends, my boss and of course my biggest fans - my family.

Let's hope the wind takes me to someplace where I can continue my pineapple tarts sale next year. Till then, adios!

No comments: