20081224

Christmas baking

MERRY CHRISTMAS
圣诞节快乐
HARI KRISMAS
ONE AND ALL!
And to celebrate this wonderful occasion and the spirit of giving, limei and I embarked on a 7 hour baking marathon!

So as to give 40 people cookies this holidays, limei faced up to her worst fears and became a cookie master... with a teensy bit of help from me.

She made almost 300 chocolate-chips-sunflower-seeds-hundredsandthousands cookies and wrapped them up in cellophane paper. All set and ready to be Mrs Claus tomorrow at her chalet.


Just one of the many many many batches.



Just another of the many many many batches.



Now, how could my family not have a log cake of their own? Hence, since my mum expressed distaste in all my other chocolate log cakes, I decided to create one that she would like. And of course something the family would love.

So I racked my brains till the juices were dry and spent hours on the computer, scouring through websites after websites, hoping to find the perfect recipe. Which unfortunately didn't happen.

Well, basically I just put together a strawberry swiss roll, created my very own strawberry butter cream and TA DAAH!

Naked STRAWBERRY LOG CAKE
(For the first time ever, I rolled the cake with no trouble whatsoever!)



STRAWBERRY LOG CAKE



I think I could work on the decoration. But this cake is delicious. And we are all having it tomorrow! I am very happy with myself. Thank you Santa, you made my holidays.


And to limei the master chef, thanks for your awesome present, even though I have no idea where they came from. I hope that when we are old and saggy, we'll still make cookies together. Regardless of hundreds or thousands or millions ingredients. Love you very much my dear!

No comments: