20120807

Red Velvet Cheesecake

An attempt to replicate this from Carnegie Deli in New York City:


This time, the cheesecake's not the main lead as it finds itself sandwiched between striking red velvet layers of cake.


I made smaller versions with the leftovers that I had... Received pretty good reviews!


And yes, the birthday cake for Ken and a proper cake for my dear bizmags as we bid farewell to our time together. It's been a great journey with them :D


Much to improve on... Felt the cake could be a little more moist and the cheesecake a little harder. Of course, food photography skills now tops the list. Things to work upon!

The new oven is pretty awesome to work with, but we need to warm up to each other a little more (pun intended). Life's getting pretty exciting now... Whether it's nerves or excitement, I can no longer differentiate. But YOLO my friends! ><

No comments: